February 20, 2018

New Found Favorites

When I find things I love, it feels like I have a responsibility to share them with you. So this week I'm sharing some of my new found favorites.

First let me introduce you to Hu Chocolate. It's 70% Stone Ground Dark Chocolate that is Organic, made with Fair Trade cocoa and is paleo and vegan. And did I mention it's one of my most favorite chocolates EVER?

I've tried three flavors, the Hazelnut Butter, Almond Butter with Puffed Quinoa and Cashew Butter with Pure Vanilla Bean. I'll warn you, it's expensive, but worth every penny. The best pricing is on Thrive Market. Order some. You won't be sorry.

Next up are some of my new found favorites from Trader Joe's. Let's start with the Trader Joe's rice and Quinoa hot porridge. I sampled this in the store with some bananas and walnuts and was hooked. I've been eating it that way, adding almond milk, and have also had it with berries and nuts as well. It cooks much faster than oatmeal, and I've found needs more water than indicated on the directions, otherwise it's a bit thick for my taste.

These two are my new favorite Trader Joe's "snacks" or sweat treats when I'm trying to avoid eating a REAL sweet treat.
Nothing but Fruit & Nuts. Fig-Walnut
Nothing but Fruit &Nuts. Date-Hazelnut-Cacao

To round out my new TJ's favorites, I bought these unsulfured pear slices, and they are delicious. This is hands down my favorite dried fruit. And, they have no added sugar! 

Lastly, If you live in Portland and haven't been to Virtuous Pie, I highly recommend it. It's not actually all that "new" to me, but I went on Friday and hadn't been in a while, so I was reminded of how much I like it. 

They make plant based, gluten free pizza and ice cream that doesn't make you miss dairy at all (p.s. I still eat dairy and gluten).

No comments:

Post a Comment