February 22, 2018

Golden Hour

I've been an acupuncture enthusiast for many years now; often going on a weekly basis. It's one of the only times when I am completely still and can reach a state of total relaxation. It's about as close to a meditative state as I've never gotten and it seems to help with a number of my chronic muscular/joint problems.

While I loved having regular acupuncture, the cost adds up. About a month ago my friend AM and I planned a "mom date" that started with smoothies at Kure and then we went to check out Golden Hour.

In their words..."Golden Hour is unlike anything you have ever experienced.  They are a wellness studio that believes in the power of continuous care.  They are anything but a traditional clinic.

Their unique sessions include acupuncture, massage, aromatherapy and other modalities. They will help you celebrate in mind, body and soul, the daily ceremony of health, beauty and balance."

We went in for the 45 minute chair treatment ($35) during which you receive a head/neck massage, acupuncture (knee and wrist down) and an arm/hand massage at the end.

It's 45 minutes of pure bliss. Despite there being 6 chairs in the space, it's still peaceful and relaxing. Janet, the owner, and her team are warm, inviting and radiate a sense of calm. Liz, the practitioner I've seen on both my visits has been lovely. I bought a 5 pack of the chair treatments which came with a $30 discount from buying them one at a time. Next I'm going to try the 60 minute Stress Relief that includes massage, acupuncture and cupping.

I love that Golden Hour offers a quick and affordable way to get the benefits of acupuncture, R&R and self care. Their approach is not focused on treating a specific ailment but about the overall benefits of the treatments on health and wellness.

I highly recommend that everyone in Portland tries it.

No comments:

Post a Comment