February 15, 2018

ASOS Keeping it Real

Last week I saw this Rip Curl bathing suit pop up on my facebook feed.

I clicked on the link, and it took me to Nordstrom where I was able to check out the back of the suit as well.
I like the suit, but 1) there's no way that would cover my a** and 2) there's no way her a** actually looks like that. I showed my friend Taylor and she quickly agreed on both points. Then she told me that ASOS (a C&C favorite as you know) no longer airbrushes their bathing suit photos, so I had to check it out.

And it's true. Stretch marks, skin rolls, dimples, lines, skin discoloration...it's all there. Finally retailers are "Keeping it Real" and showing what women ACTUALLY look like in their bathing suits.

Here are a few of the suits I like on their site (there are lots of really great ones). Yes, most of the women are still very thin, but at least they show a true representation of what these women actually look in the suit, not an air brushed false reality.





No comments:

Post a Comment