December 19, 2016

Life Lately

My apologies for being M.I.A. from the blog for the past few weeks. Work travel took me to Dallas for four days and then, very early on the morning I was scheduled to return home, I got a call from my husband that a 100+ foot tree had fallen into our house, right over our bedroom.

Needless to say it was not a phone call I expected to get a 3 o'clock in the morning. It was a small miracle that my husband wasn't crushed by this tree. We are so very thankful for the strength of our new metal roof. 

The 100ft tree was followed hours later by a huge snow storm...luckily we were able to get the tree off the house and get the roof covered with a tarp before the snow arrived.

 Here's a photo of the Mini Fashionista climbing on the trunk of the tree to give you an idea of scale.

The tree has slowly been removed, and now we begin the long and annoying process of rebuilding our very damaged house, fence and backyard.

While it will be a very big hassle, I'm trying to focus on the positive...that no one was hurt and that my family is safe. 

Since it wasn't safe to sleep in our back bedrooms, we moved our mattress to the living room. While not ideal, it was actually kind of cozy. 

So, now that things have settled down a bit I will try to get back to blogging! Expect at least a few more posts before Christmas, and then I will likely take another break until the New Year.

3 comments:

  1. it was great to meet you in dallas ... sorry about the tree branch, that sounds very bizarre and scary. happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know that you can create short links with AdFly and make $$$$$ from every visitor to your short links.

    ReplyDelete